Friday, April 20, 2012

Missing my boy.

Mommy has been coughing a little since Sunday, but I had really noticed that it hadn't gone away on Wednesday. I wasn't having infected yuckiness when I coughed or blew my nose but the coughing and runny nose was there. Ryan Stayed home Wednesday from work as a break after the tax deadline finally passed. All day he kept telling me I looked awful (thanks) and that I shouldn't go in to the hospital because I needed rest. I still had planned on going in later in the evening but about 15 minutes before I needed to leave I fell asleep and since I was still coughing I decided not to go. I was so sad and felt so bad that Jacob went over a day without mommy. I ended up not going Thursday either because even tho the cough wasn't bad it was still there. I missed my boy so bad and the nurse gave him his first tub bath that night. I was really bummed and felt awful for missing it. Friday morning I got up early and went to urgent care (I don't have a PC doctor right now) and was told it was my sinuses causing the cough and that I wouldn't get my baby sick from any of it.
On my way home I called to check on Jacob and the nurse had been concerned by how he was acting. He wasn't waking for his care, was acting completely wiped out and not really responding to much the nurse was doing, his sats were drifting and she had turned up his O2 just a bit to help. The nurse practitioner looked at him as well and they were going to watch him through out the day to see if he needed blood work to find out what was going on. I was upset and very concerned especially since I hadn't seen him in the last couple days.
Since I had the all clear to visit him I went right to the hospital as soon as possible.
He was super sleepy and didn't respond much when I got there. I was in time to do his 1130am care and then Kangaroo with him. I had missed him so much, it was so good to hold him. I could tell what the nurse meant when she said he was just not him self. Once we were settled his saturation was higher and the nurse turned the O2 back to room air. Fortunately this time it seemed he just needed mommy. We snuggled for over an hour that way and then I had to go home. The NNP said he looked so much better after his mommy time and he continued to do well through out the day.

2 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

so glad you were able to be together!

jenerekfamily said...

OH, that just makes me sad to hear how you have to be away from him - but it just goes to show how REAL the connection between mother and baby is.