Wednesday, April 18, 2012
moving out
Jacob will be moving out of his private room in the NICU down the hall to the continuing care nursery. Because Jacob is no longer on an IV, is at full feedings and is doing well as they slowly wean him on is respiratory support they say he no longer needs the critical care of the NICU. He is currently still at room air and 4L of flow on the vapotherm. He has grown to 2lbs 12oz and 15.5in. Jacob's size and breathing support mean he is still considered a NICU patient but in just two and a half short weeks he has developed enough to be moved. Mommy will miss the private room, the extra long kangaroo time we get to enjoy sometimes, and ability to stay over night on occasion. But he moving out and up, it's a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
GREAT news! Glad he is growing and developing so well for such a little man. Keep up the good work- both of you :)
How exciting! Just another stepping stone before he will be home with you!
I'm so happy he is doing well! I can't imagine how hard it must be to have him there. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out.
Sounds like he's on a great path. Continued healing thoughts to all of you.
Stacey, Ryan, girls & Jacob -- so happy to hear Jacob is progressing so well. You kids have a darling family. Truly enjoyed reading info on your blog page. Your are in our hearts and prayers are with you. Love Sue & Rob >3
Post a Comment