Leg over the side and her elephant in arms. She must have been kind of tired, notice the elephant's tail held near her face and her lips kind of pursed. When she is tired or sad, she either has the trunk or the tail barely touching between her nose and upper lip while making a sucking motion with her mouth, it is her comfort thing. I really need a better picture of her doing that. I will put it on my list to do... so cute and will be great embarrassment later, I mean she does have and elephant rump in her face.With the new baby coming I don't know if Haylie gets it that "baby sister" is in mommy's tummy and coming out to stay. I mean we ask her where baby sister is and she pats my belly then usually tries to lift my shirt to give it a kiss, but I know she doesn't know what a baby sister really is. That being said, I know she senses a big change coming. Mommy's body has already changed a lot and mommy acts different and I am sure she can just sense it. I think kids her age just tend to be more needy and go through a fussier stage. Don't get me wrong, I love it that she wants to be around me and needs me more, she has always been so independent and not cuddly and never wanting to sit long enough with me or acknowledge me, so I enjoy the change. Granted it does get a little hard to hold her for long periods of time while standing and sometimes I just want to rest and not play.
So we compromise like this...
I love this little girl so much. I can't believe my Haylie is going to be a big sister and not my little baby anymore. So bittersweet.

4 comments:
awe! so cute! So let the fun begin...juggling love between the kids! She's still so tiny to me, though! I guess I have to see the newest 4 pounder so she'll look bigger!
So so cute! Haylie will be a great big sister and hopefully a helper to you. Only two more months!!! How are you feeling?
very cute!
68 days?!? That's so exciting! Did you have a shower?
Post a Comment