Warning:… contains mostly writing and probably unnecessary details, but I need to document this before I forget.
Last Tuesday morning I dropped off Haylie at my friend Breezy’s house so I could make it to a quick check up with my OB. Everything was ok but I had a couple noticeable braxton hicks during my appointment. As I was getting ready to leave, my OB informed me I would be heading next door to the hospital to be monitored, have an ultrasound and some blood work just as a precaution. I let Breezy know I would be an hour or so longer but would pick up Haylie soon. At 22 weeks pregnant they had a hard time keeping track of the baby’s heartbeat on the monitor since she still had so much room to move around, and there was no way they were going to be able to position both monitors on my still growing bump at the same time. The ultrasound show a completely healthy baby and intact placenta, but I had some more contracting registering on the monitors. To me they didn’t seem like anything more than I experienced when I was pregnant with Haylie, but the monitors picked them up. They checked to see if I had progressed any; the nurse thought I was at 1cm but they weren’t sure what my OB got when she checked me an hour prior. My offices on call OB then checked me and conferred with Dr Mystie (my OB). The consensus determined I needed to be monitored over night. I was so MAD and starving (it was almost 2 and I hadn’t eaten since an early breakfast).
I cried, I am pregnant and emotional and that is what I do when I am mad. I called Ryan to come be with me, to this point I hadn’t wanted him to leave work because it was all no big deal. Thankfully I have such a great friend in Breezy, who kept Haylie all afternoon with no advance notice. I knew everything was fine such is the reason for the anger and no worries. I had plans, lunch with a friend they day I got stuck in the hospital, and I was flying to Utah the next day. I felt pretty dumb sitting in a room, no monitors, nothing just wasting space since they were only placing me on the monitors every 10 to 12 hrs for 1 hr at a time. My friend Emily that I was supposed to have lunch with came and visited. Shortly after she left, Ryan arrived with some comforts from home, stayed a while and left to get Haylie so I could see her. After some family time, I spent the night alone, still angry that I would probably have to cancel my trip, but was nice to watch the Olympics on cable TV (we only have antenna at home).
All of my monitorings were uneventful; the last one was while I was being discharged. I was hesitantly okayed by my OB to go ahead with my trip plans but under strict orders to take it easy and was given pretty much every rule you get for being high risk except bed rest. I made it out of the hospital just in time to meet Ryan next door at the medical office building to take Haylie to her 15 mo. well visit. The rest of the day was filled with my trying to get ready for my trip (my flight at 640pm) after losing a full day of preparation time. I was tired, but ready to go.
Haylie at 15 months.
18lbs 10oz
29.92 inches
Last Tuesday morning I dropped off Haylie at my friend Breezy’s house so I could make it to a quick check up with my OB. Everything was ok but I had a couple noticeable braxton hicks during my appointment. As I was getting ready to leave, my OB informed me I would be heading next door to the hospital to be monitored, have an ultrasound and some blood work just as a precaution. I let Breezy know I would be an hour or so longer but would pick up Haylie soon. At 22 weeks pregnant they had a hard time keeping track of the baby’s heartbeat on the monitor since she still had so much room to move around, and there was no way they were going to be able to position both monitors on my still growing bump at the same time. The ultrasound show a completely healthy baby and intact placenta, but I had some more contracting registering on the monitors. To me they didn’t seem like anything more than I experienced when I was pregnant with Haylie, but the monitors picked them up. They checked to see if I had progressed any; the nurse thought I was at 1cm but they weren’t sure what my OB got when she checked me an hour prior. My offices on call OB then checked me and conferred with Dr Mystie (my OB). The consensus determined I needed to be monitored over night. I was so MAD and starving (it was almost 2 and I hadn’t eaten since an early breakfast).
I cried, I am pregnant and emotional and that is what I do when I am mad. I called Ryan to come be with me, to this point I hadn’t wanted him to leave work because it was all no big deal. Thankfully I have such a great friend in Breezy, who kept Haylie all afternoon with no advance notice. I knew everything was fine such is the reason for the anger and no worries. I had plans, lunch with a friend they day I got stuck in the hospital, and I was flying to Utah the next day. I felt pretty dumb sitting in a room, no monitors, nothing just wasting space since they were only placing me on the monitors every 10 to 12 hrs for 1 hr at a time. My friend Emily that I was supposed to have lunch with came and visited. Shortly after she left, Ryan arrived with some comforts from home, stayed a while and left to get Haylie so I could see her. After some family time, I spent the night alone, still angry that I would probably have to cancel my trip, but was nice to watch the Olympics on cable TV (we only have antenna at home).
All of my monitorings were uneventful; the last one was while I was being discharged. I was hesitantly okayed by my OB to go ahead with my trip plans but under strict orders to take it easy and was given pretty much every rule you get for being high risk except bed rest. I made it out of the hospital just in time to meet Ryan next door at the medical office building to take Haylie to her 15 mo. well visit. The rest of the day was filled with my trying to get ready for my trip (my flight at 640pm) after losing a full day of preparation time. I was tired, but ready to go.
Haylie at 15 months.
18lbs 10oz
29.92 inches
Haylie is getting crazy good at walking, she is so fast I can't seem to lose her ( ha ha ). She LOVES our dog, really any dog, but she liked to climb in and out of Sam's kennel with him when it was in the house. Anytime we see a dog, even Clifford on TV, she says DOg over and over again (can't really hear the G yet), she likes to pet and follow them around. Her favorite food is fried eggs and she always mooches cereal from mommy and daddy. Clothes are a magnet for her whether she is trying to put them on or unfolding and throwing the laundry and I do it. She has learned to walk in shoes really well, thankfully since we are going camping next week, shoes are a MUST, and she like to play with them and tries to put them on before beinging them to mommy or daddy for help. She doesn't say much of anything we can understand but she sure has A LOT to say. We don't let her play with phones, even toy ones, but she has managed to make whatever she can into her own phone and talks on the "phone" all the time. She is so fun to have around and we are lucky we get to be apart of her life as we help and watch her grow. Even if the teaching part isn't always the most fun :o)
I didn't mean for that to be so long... what can I say. I am her mommy after all.
Now to the flying part. I went to Utah for a reunion of sorts and just some time with a friend. Haylie stayed home with daddy and grandma Vicki watched her during the day.
I had fun just hanging out with my friend Krista on Thursday and Friday we went to a series of workshops then reunited with some other friends (I hadn’t seen since I was 17). I was also able to meet some of my other online blogging buddies in person for the first time.
Here are just a couple pictures.
I had fun just hanging out with my friend Krista on Thursday and Friday we went to a series of workshops then reunited with some other friends (I hadn’t seen since I was 17). I was also able to meet some of my other online blogging buddies in person for the first time.
Here are just a couple pictures.
Krista and I with Lynette, and then again with Rita.
It was actually good after my recent hospital encounter to be in a situation where I wasn’t being wife and mommy all day long. I needed the rest and enjoyed my trip, but I really missed Ryan and Haylie. I came home Saturday morning, very happy to see my family.
Thanks again Krista for being my hotel, restaurant, chauffeur and host. I had a great time and can’t wait to see you again.




7 comments:
WOW! I'm glad everything's okay! I totally understand your frustration w/ hospital stays! I tend to get angry sleeping on a plastic mattress myself! Right after I have babies, I'm begging the doctor to sign out an early release!!! Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful!
Now I guess it's my turn to head to AZ! I will have to come in the winter though cause I don't know if I could stand the heat!
Stacy,
Remember the Lee's we are in Utah. You can always give us a call if you want when your in town. Would love to see you!!
Grace
It was so much fun to have Haylie for the day. She is so easy going. And believe or not Dutch really does love to play with her. I'm so glad I was able to help you out. You know that I'm here for you whenever you need.
Girl! You are so tiny! How can you be more than halfway done without a belly!?!! So cute! Love the pictures! Hope everything goes well for the rest of your pregnancy. Those check ups and tests and monitors drive me nuts. In fact, remembering all that makes me less inclined to jump on the pregnancy bandwagon. :D
Congratulations on your second pregnancy!! When are you due? I am due November 8th - and I have been waiting to hear back from my email to get your mailing address! Anyway, its been far too long since we've talked! Your blog is adorable and I hope everything went well after your not-so-fun visit to the hospital! email me at icuovrthere@cox.net and let me know what your new address is! Thanks a million!
Umm, Hi. I check your blog often. I am needing something new to read. Pretty sure I can quote you whole post.
Thanks friend.
ps - Hope you and your cute fam are doing fab.
pss - When are you going to post pictures of your house? Hello...still waiting....
Post a Comment