Saturday, March 22, 2008

What have you done for me lately?

Ooh Ooh Ooh yeah...
I am in some sort of flashback I suppose. I have been looking up classic/oldish songs for the Relief Society to "perform" (lip-sync) to for Villa de Paz Idol. It has been fun watching some of the old videos and hearing great songs BUT I am SO NOT excited about the silliness of it all. Rocking out to Kung Fu Fighting in front of my whole ward has me a little embarrassed and it is still weeks away. Oh well.

So what have you (we) done for me lately?

Haylie finally got a "high chair" I know I am a little behind with her being 10.5 months but she did have her bumbo before now. I love having her contained and she loves feeding herself her favorite food... scrambled eggs with lots of other yumminess added in.
When me friend Breezy had her baby in February I took a stuffed animal to the hospital for baby Maylee, that is kind of my thing, and so i just had to get Haylie this cute elephant. You can't really see it because it is all snuggled under her head. I am glad she seems to like her new "friend".
Great Grandpa Taylor turned 81 and Haylie played with him a little at his party.
Monday my baby was sick. She woke up a little goopy in the eyes but nothing that worried me really until after her afternoon nap and the whole left side of her face was swollen. Pink eye/conjunctivitus. After treating her with some polysporin she was all better in 24 hours. until she started to get goopy again Thursday (my fault, I think I forgot to wash one of her blankets). It is now all gone. She was so happy and go good even while not feeling well, just as long as I wasn't wiping her eyes.
I am so glad the weather is warming up, too bad it won't stay so nice... just gonna keep getting hotter and hotter. Today our friends Christy and Raylyn invited us to go swimming with them and Haylie had a blast even though the water was a little chilly. She was not happy to get out and get dressed. This summer will be great now that she can actually play in the water.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of the weather you are having right now!! You have no idea!! Pink eye is so not fun! But I'm glad it is out of your house!!

Heidi said...

YAY for Polysporin! hee hee! If you ask me, she's still too small for a high chair! I can't believe she's strong enough to sit in it by herself! haa! I think Coby's bigger than she is!

Love the elephant picture!

Arizona Nielsens said...

You have done TOO much for us lately. We totally owe you!! Thanks again for watching Savannah yet another day. You're the best!

Courtney said...

Haha!...NO! I'm not pregnant! I think you called it, "placenta brain", I refer to it as, "I have four kids and am going CrAZy brain".
Just you wait, your day will come!

Thanks again for coming last night and for you and your hubby's help and participation! It was great!