Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Christmas Time.

We have had a busy Christmas as I am sure most people have. The week before we were still putting the house together and hadn't even decorated the Christmas tree. No big deal except that on Thursday we had the missionaries over for dinner AND that same night I volunteered our house to be the first stop on a progressive Relief Society Enrichment activity. Haylie was trying to help decorate the tree... I guess she is too little to realize DROOL isn't the best Christmas Decor.

gotta love the oral phase.


lets just say she made my tasks a little more eventful

We started this weekend by going to a Family get together after church on Sunday.
Haylie was so cute in her Christmas dress (one of them) compliments of Grandma Vicki, I just had to show her off so she didn't get to change until after we got there.


We really enjoyed spending time with family we don't see very often. Haylie took centerstage showing off her skills as we all sat around and talked.


She does this all the time, especially when she gets excited and bounces up and down in this position. Maybe she will be like her mamma and be a spider crawler.


On Christmas Eve we get togehter at my parents house for our traditional pizza and wings and all the grandkids get to open one gift (it is always jammies).
Ryan and I woke up early to do our gift exchange and finished just in time for Haylie to wake up - ready to eat and then open her gifts. We do all this so we can pask up and head back to my parents house for Christmas breakfast and gift exchange. At about noon we headed to Ryan's parents house for our gift exchange and to make and eat Christmas dinner.

pictures from those events.


We are so blessed to have so much on Christmas. We are so blessed through out the year. Having a family and a home to raise our children in the gospel is a direct result of the love our Father in Heaven and our Elder Brother have for us. We are so grateful.

I know Haylie is still really little but I have enjoyed the holidays much more through her then I ever have for myself. My family has taught me to love the gift of giving. (in fact I am surprised I lasted until Christmas!)

I hope the holidays were wonderfull for all of you.

No comments: