Tuesday, August 28, 2012

the things they say

I am behind... Jacob came home and I got a little busier :-)

Haylie: she just started school and so she says all the little phrases her teacher does and teaches them
"kapish, kaposh"
"criss cross apple sauce" (how they sit)
she talks about the instruments in music, the coconut tree they are making? (chicka chicka boom boom?) Her friend Jasmine who is beautiful with lost of braids and beads in her hair, and a magic rug. I am still working on the details but this is what I have been able to get out of her. Oh and she likes to pass on her new kinder wisdom of "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" to her sisters. I have to remind her of that still sometimes too. She loves to sing and rocks out to the radio and serenades us with primary songs.

Ashtyn: well she NEVER stops talking (sorry mom, I get it now) or singing and dancing and hopping. She talks in absolutes and extremes a lot, "FOREVER", and "TOO MUCH" when referring to anything taking to long or more effort than she wants to put in. She loves to talk to her baby brother, even when he is sleeping and can be found just playing on the floor with him, sharing her blocks. She cracks me up with her explanations of what is going on and is never afraid to talk to someone in public :-)
We are always told how well both older girls do in primary and that they love to sing and know the answers. I guess they listen even tho it doesn't seem so during family time.

Melany: her vocabulary has really exploded. Some on the fun things she says:
counting, we didn't know she could count until Ryan said 1 and she finished with 2,3,4. We have since heard her make it to 10. She talks about changing Jacobs bumm bumm, she loves "beeps" - grapes. anything with an "R" in it is very heavy on the R.. like she wants to coloURRR.
She says please and thank you very well "peas' and "Thank you much"  and some times combines the two to make "pea cu". She loves to sine to and will sing the apples and bananas song but in her own way. "eat eat eat yummy yummy nanas" and I sing a goodnight song to all the kids. I made it up when Haylie is little. When I sing it to Melany she now sings along and she has tried to sing it to Jacob when he is sad. She also loves music and likes to jam to the radio and have her sisters sing Primary songs.

Jacob: he's cute, he smiles and is trying so hard to laugh and he coos too. Smiles are worth more than words I think :-)

No comments: