Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Growth Spurt

Jacob is on the growing fast track and he is now starting to bottle feed. He doubled his birth weight earlier this week at just over 6 weeks old. Tonight's total was 4lbs 15oz :-)

Today we found out Jacob will need surgery before he leaves the hospital. He has was is called a Communicating Hydrocele type hernia. Has to do with is boy parts :-/  It is not an invasive surgery and would be outpatient under other circumstances but they will do it before he leaves and take care of his other boy procedure while they are at it. I feel so bad that he has to go through just another thing. Hopefully it is no big deal an will only delay his coming home a day or so. The plan for now is to do it on May 21st. Hoping the day comes and goes fast.

Until then I will enjoy snuggling this cute little face that is continuing to get chubbier!

5 comments:

Kim and Cameron said...

So do you guys have a date when be'll be coming home then?

Kim and Cameron said...

*he'll

Annette Wingert said...

He looks so, CUTE!

Nancy said...

Sooo cute!

The Becker Bunch said...

Yes, when is he coming home?!?! I cannot wait to snuggle him...well, I can because I'll be too afraid I'll break him...but I DO want to SEE HIM!!!:)