And I am up pumping. I called the NICU to ask how Jacob has been doing. I think this is the longest stretch I've had in between calls but I fell asleep for about 6 hours. I really needed it I guess.
Jacob was 2lbs 10oz tonight.. up 5oz from his birth weight. at 10.5 days old. Amazing. He is now getting 13cc of breastmilk, almost half an ounce, every 3 hours and is tolerating it well. He is finally pooing on his own regularly, I think it is easier now that he finally got the meconium out (newborn sticky black yuck). His nurse said that Jacob looked like he was sun bathing tonight. He had been all tucked into his snuggly, a preemie positioning thing that helps keep them in boundaries so they feel secure like in the womb, and when the nurse found him he had both legs out and relaxed and both arms up.. I love that he is doing so well and growing and pray it continues and ask for others' prayers as well. I keep waiting for the "other shoe to drop" and something to go wrong and I truly hope and pray nothing major sets our sweet boy back. He has done amazingly so far especially for a boy. We love you Jacob and are so proud of how well you are doing, keep it up, you are a strong little man!
2 comments:
I am so glad he is doing so well! I will keep praying :)
I am praying for you guys also. So glad he is doing so good!
Post a Comment