Saturday, April 14, 2012

Holding steady

2lbs 11oz, Jacob has been bouncing around this number for a couple days. Up or down 10g or hanging steady but that's ok, he has been doing a lot of other things that show progress. As of right now He is at full feeds. 23ml every 3 hours. He is getting 22calorie breastmilk, my milk with an additive called human milk fortifier to increase the calories, they are talking about moving him up to 24 calorie milk to help with growth. Jacob is breathing well. all while increasing his feeds he is now at 4.5L of flow and 21% (room air still). He has a few heart rate drop and oxygen saturation drops but they usually self resolve and are associated with his feedings and probably a little reflux. Over all he is doing so well. The increase in feedings is a major change and there are things that can go wrong with his digestive system and we are just grateful he is doing so well eating and making full diapers. He is currently poke free, his IV went bad a little earlier than they planned on taking it out last night but by only a few hours. Our snuggle today was wonderfully needle free.

He cries now as I put him back in bed. It hurts my heart to leave him... I love him.
(the binkie usually helps tho)


Daddy has been working pretty much non stop lately with the tax deadline next week. I think about how much I miss our baby boy when I am not with him and then feel selfish because Ryan hasn't been able to see him since he was 3 days old. He desires to but has literally been working day and night since I came home from the hospital in efforts to try and get everything done at work. He is pretty amazing. Without the help of wonderful friends and family and friends I wouldn't be able to visit Jacob daily, I don't usually get to stay for much more than an hour but those that help with the girls watch them for 3hours so I have just one with Jacob. I am so grateful for all the help we have and for the amazing husband I have that works so hard for our family. The timing of all of this has increased the pressure for him at work and home. I know we couldn't do this without the love and help of our Heavenly Father and the prayers of so many on our and Jacob's behalf.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stacy, you are so amazing. I have been praying for you and your family. I can't imagine how hard it is...but it is comforting to know that Heavenly Father will always provide the whole miracle. Your faith in seeing miracles in such a hard situation in life inspires me. I am praying everything continues to go well with that sweet adorable little baby. What a little fighter. Each of your children are going to grow to be incredible. They have to be, with the way they have come fighting. What special spirits who are blessed to have you as a mother.

Anonymous said...

Sending all the NICU strength I can to you, Stacy. You will get through this as you have in the past. Tons of love to you and your family -- so glad to hear that so far Jacob is holding steady. Big, big hugs to you mama.