Or the ocean as Haylie called it. We need to take our kid to the beach :-)
Yesterday Ryan's parents irrigated for the first time this year. The girls were in the far back when it started to come in. We came inside while Ryan continued to clear the holes so the water could flow freely. As the water made it's way to the front yard the girls talked about needing their swimsuits, I think Ryan would have let them play in their clothes. The idea of them playing in the irrigation was a bit yucky to me since I always equated it with the nasty smell and gross water on the playground at school. It was different for Ryan and since the girls were excited I found some onesies I didn't mind getting gross and sent them out to play.
They had a blast, I have never seen them so comfortable in water. The little boy across the street even came over to join them. It really was a fun day.

1 comment:
My kids always play in the irrigation, and I used to play in it up in Idaho at my aunt's house when it was during the day. Lots of fun--we just shower up afterward and clean the crappy water off.
Post a Comment