I have a few friends who are mildly obsessed with the series and saw the first movie opening night and were all crazy about it, and waited in line for the last book to be released. So I read them all, months after everyone else, all right in a row.
Myself and some of the women in my ward decided it would be fun to go as a group when New Moon the movie came out.
I had read online how to make iron on stencils, so using my cricut and freezer paper, we made shirts for the event.
I am a neutral reader can you tell?
Here is the group of us. This is right after the movie before heading over to Red Robin for some yumminess.
yes I know I am really short, I do have to say though that the women I was in between were both about 6ft tallWe made the "I <3 Edward", "Team Edward", "Jacob" "Edward", and "Real Men Sparkle" shirts. I did learn a lot and I think the last one made turned out best (I <3 Edward). I guess I will know next time I make shirts this way.
It was especially fun to go out with all the girls on November 20th... seeing as the next day was my 27th birthday. (hearing all the little teenie boppers scream at the sight of the 17 year old kid with his shirt off made me feel a little old)
ON my birthday, Ryan and I we able to attend a session at the temple when my friend Angie was going through for the first time. She is so amazing and I was glad we could be there with her on such a special day.
Afterward we went out to dinner at Red Lobster to celebrate, we were starving and ate so fast we hardly talked, we didn't even finish and still were too full for dessert.
It was such a fun weekend although I did miss the girls with being gone so much on Friday and Saturday.
I do have to mention that Ryan had a fun weekend PLANNED for my birthday but the movie and the temple trip kind of messed up his plans. He was really great about it all and just happy that I was happy and enjoyed my birthday.
Next thought, why does 27 seem so much older?
No comments:
Post a Comment