Interesting comparrison between my 2 girls. Ashtyn was weighed 6 days before her due date and weighed in at 5lbs 8oz... Haylie was born 6 days early and weighed 5lbs 10oz. Funny to me that it is so close. Now I am sure had the pregnancy gone normally Ahstyn would have probably been bigger than Haylie has she been born at the same time since babies (especially when mom is on bed rest) row better in the womb.
While Ashtyn was in the NICU I remember feeling traumatized and so upset by the experience and how it wasn't fair and like it seemed like it would last forever. I thought my sister was crazy when she said in retrospect it just doesn't matter and that you baby is being taken care of is all that matters and not that she is in the hospital. Crazy i thought... THIS is Horrib;e and I hate it. BUT she was right I am starting to see. Only 4 weeks ago Ashtyn cam home, and the other 4 weeks of her life before that don't seem so bad in retrospect. In fact they are kind of blurry and I am so grateful for the nurses and doctors who took such good care of her and loved her. I do have to say I am so glad she is home... even if driving and loading/unloading 2 kids in a single cab pick-up is more challanging than one, Having 2 kids crying at once leaves the desire for a mute button and meds to make me sane, and triple the diapers to change and having to actually pay for Ashtyns and not have them supplied by the hospital.
I have never really thought of the due date being the day the baby will actually come for anyone, well not anymore than the day before or after, but although it has been quite crazy with our impatient little girl, I am so glad we have her and already know her and we get to have that much more love in our lives sooner than we expected.
1 day old
about 3lbs 8oz I think. She lost weight at first.
16.5 inches long
about 3lbs 8oz I think. She lost weight at first.
16.5 inches long

8weeks old, her due date. 5lbs 12oz and 18.5 inches long

2 comments:
That skinny minnie. She sure looks a lot like Haylie to me. I really love when sisters look alike.
What a sweetheart.
Post a Comment