In the hospital
in bed
with needles, 12 so far I think.
It happened like this:
Late Monday night I noticed some changes in my body while bathing and after talking to the insurance nurse advice line I was told to come to OB triage.
I wasn't having any significant contractions when I left and drove myself, I told Ryan to stay home Haylie was sleeping and I didn't think I would be long.
Ways I was wrong:
contractions were every 2 minutes and weren't braxton hicks, and NOT the reason I came in.
Dilated at 4cm and 70% effaced
Shot with tribuline (sp?) and admitted
poked a bunch more to get an IV.
shot with steroids to help the baby's lungs just in case
Finally got an IV and started magnesium (the reason for many spelling and grammatical errors I am sure)
So yeah. I am stuck until I have a baby or am 34 weeks unless my OB changes her mind.. The meds are working, baby is great and I am bored and feel gross and looking forward to 1am when they turn off the mag and put me on something else that won't make me feel so wonderful..
14 comments:
I'm headed your way tonight. What do you need to keep from getting TOO bored?! Keep cookin' that kid. We're praying for you.
Do you like to read? crochet? make lists? draw? scrapbook? You poor thing... I will try to think of things for you to do!
I'll be headed your way tomorrow, with hopefully some things that will keep you from pure boredom. It will all be worth it when you have a healthy baby girl.
If you need anything just let me know! I would be happy to help ya out where I can. Breezy is right, it will be worth it when you are holding your healthy baby girl.
We'll keep you in our prayers.
I'll come by tomorrow (Thurs) if you're still up for it. Let me know if you want me to bring you anything.
Oh honey I'm sorry you're stuck in the hospital. Take care of yourself and baby!!! Sorry I have been out of touch with this vacation and all. I will try to text you sometime soon. Good luck!
Oh my gosh! I wish I was there in AZ still so I could help in some way!! I hope that everything goes well and that your Dr. changes her mind!!! But if not, GOOD LUCK!
Stacy....you are starting to sound like your sis. j/k. I hope all goes well and that your baby doesn't come to soon.We will keep you in our prayers. Good Luck!!
YIKES! I just found out today that you were in the hospital. Do you want visitors? What can we do to help? Haylie is welcome to come play with our girls anytime. We're happy to help in any way.
bethyover10@yahoo.com
Stacy, I am so sorry to hear about your 'stuckness' in the hospital. Do you need anything? I am home watching children Monday through Friday, if Ryan or your mom needs a break I am willing to watch Haylie for you. Let me know. Can we bring a meal to Ryan? Anything!?. Our prayers are with you and your family. Stef
poor thing hang in there, Joran went tin to the hospital with her twins on January 20 and finally delivered on March first at 34 weeks...It was a way long road with the boys not coming home till May. Hers was twins so it was worse for the babies, not trying to scare you just wanting to let you I know how hard it is. Hang in there...
Hey Stacy! I am finally leaving a comment so you can look at my blog.
It stinks that you are in the hospital. Let me know if I can do anything!
I am so sorry. wish i was there to help or come visit. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Only lucky you...I was on Mag. 24 hrs a day. Have you learned the hospital food rotation yet? :)Hang in there. I know it seems like an eternity to just lay there and wait for days to pass. but really after you have her it'll all he worth it and seem like it wasn't that long. Good luck keep us posted on updates
Congrats honey. The baby is beautiful. I hope you are all doing well. I will have to come visit when you get all settled with the new one. Love you!
Post a Comment