Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

A couple weeks ago I was sad I wouldn't be spending Easter with my family. In retrospect I think it would have been sad yes but I'd still be pregnant.

Since having Jacob and being in the hospital for over a week I was not prepared for Easter really. I did a lot of running around last minute. The girls and I we very happy when our friends an neighbors invited us over to color Easter eggs. The bright mother that I am put clothes I didn't care about on everyone but Haylie and of course she got dye on her self.. (note to self.. make the girls aprons) the girls and I were able to have a short little time outside with friends doing this fun activity. Melany wasn't exactly thrilled with the project or the cold grass but liked holding and egg.






Thanks Teresa, Drew and Kayla for having us over. Sorry it was a short visit (busy Saturdays) but it is always fun to get together with you.
We have early church, so Easter morning was a bit rushed. We had the girls get up and look at their baskets. A dress for church (Haylie and Ashtyn needed new dresses, they think they need to keep growing or something), a swim suit (to carry on the Grandma Pam tradition) a dollar store toy and a little candy (really a little, because I knew they would get more throughout the day), Melany got Hand me downs for the dress and swimsuit so she got a doll instead :-)


 And this little turkey kept snaking everyone's candy and treats all day. She thinks she is SO BIG. UGH!
 stop growing you are STILL MY BABY GIRL!
(ok maybe it would be nice if just your hair would grow)

And then my camera dies. I know poor planning.
We went to church, I came home after first hour, I'd forgotten pain meds and haven't been sleeping well, only able to get a few hours a night, so I needed to rest. Ryan helped me with the ham since I wanted to prepare it (brilliant I know but I saw the recipe on tv when I was in the hospital) It actually wasn't hard he just had to lift the darn thing for me.
The Goodsell's Easter dinner was very yummy as always. And while we were waiting on a few things to finish cooking the little girls all had an Easter egg hunt, this is the last year we will be only saying girls :-) This is where the camera would have been nice and all the extra candy I mentioned would come in.

This Easter Sunday I was especially grateful for my Savior and the Atonement. I know He knows my hurt and pain and weaknesses through all of this. I know He and my Heavenly Father both love me and my family and that we are never alone as we are challenged in life. I know my Savior lives, I know I am never alone. 



No comments: