Monday, July 18, 2011
What a year
It has been a year since our amazing Miss Melany entered our lives. We live her so much and are amazed by the progress she has made. I have had a lot of emotions in the month or so leading up to today. Last summer was so different, so nerve racking and a lot to deal with for our whole family. So many changes... under the circumstances our precious baby girl was born a lot too early, but she brought so much joy and learning to us. She worked so hard to thrive and we were so happy when we could finally have her home. Melany is amazing. I can't help but want to be around her all the time. She took a bit longer with many of the developmental milestones but each on was so exciting to witness, each a triumph. She is quite the mover right now. crawling everywhere, eating everything that she shouldn't, shoes, hair ponies, fuzz, we sweep her mouth a lot. Sitting has been a bit of a challenge, but she is getting so much better and can sit on her own for a little bit lately. This last week she just broke through with her first tooth, it barely pokes through the surface of her gums, The wispy little golden hairs on her head don't lend much to style, headbands it is... sometimes if she keeps them out of her mouth. I cart little M around in a wrap most of the time, so much I think she prefers it to best being carried on my hip :-) She has the brightest blue eyes and long long eyelashes that are so infectious, I love looking at them Melany Pam is HAPPY and lets you know it. We love you happy girl and are so grateful you are in our lives. Happy Birthday Melany!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment