Thursday, July 22, 2010

Holding my baby

A perfect surprise on the night I was discharging from the hospital... I was given the chance to hold Melany event though it was against protocol for a preemie in a humidified incubator. They were cleaning her bed and so they Asked me to snuggle my baby. Best surprise ever.


and of course I was sobbing. This baby girl has such a sweet spirit and I could feel it radiating through me as I held her tiny body.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I'm so glad you got to hold her! I'll bet that was the highlight of your month! :) I'm still thinking about you and hoping everything is good!

Shanda said...

That is such a precious picture!!! What a sweet Tender Mercy! I hope everything continues to go well! How are you doing recovery wise? I've had two c-sections and I know its tough.