half a month behind. I just took some pictures on Thanksgiving to document this milestone.
I can't believe how big she looks. Well I guess grown up is a better word.
Haylie's 18mo stats
19lbs 15oz, 3rd%
31in, 25th-50th%
and her head is small, like 3rd% I think
Haylie's 18mo stats
19lbs 15oz, 3rd%
31in, 25th-50th%
and her head is small, like 3rd% I think
She is just perfect. I knew that having a new baby would change how I view Haylie's size but it didn't as much as I expected it to. She is still my little girl but she is acting all grown up.
Neat things about Haylie:
*She talks all the time and now I understand a lot more of it.
*If there is the slightest sound of music anywhere near her she has to get her groove on. Even when completely exhausted she will bop her head and move her arms to the beat while in the car.
*She loves to be outside, and says so all the time.
*Outside and in the stroller specifically, she begs for the stroller. It is the only thing she has cried about sharing with her sister.
*she will bring mommy or daddy the comb to comb her hair.. saying "pretty" and touching her hair
*she could care less about TV unless there is music of some sort on it
*she love to read and tells all sorts of stories with her books
*if she is tired and wants to go to bed she will grab her elephant and any blanket and let us know.
*she eats well with a fork likes to share when she is done, she extends her food to us and say "bite"
*she love her sister and like to share her cars and blankets and pillows, but occasionally steals the binkie to use as a teether (she is getting 4 molars right now)
*weird but she laughs really hard when I say ouch. like if she hurts her self she laughs through her hears when I say ouch... and giggles when she says it too. ODD I know.
*she LOVES her Elle... and this is her comfort position when sad of tired,
good thing we found a second Elle that we swap between washes.*she love to "help" mommy, even when mommy doesn't really want her help...
like with loading and unloading the dishwasher. She shuts all the cupboards and the drawers and the dishwasher before I am done with them. This was a "no no" but I had to take a picture first of course.*Haylie loves her sister and has done really well with all the changes in her life.
This was right after Ashtyn came home.

...there are LOTS of other things we think are neat about Haylie, that was just to list a few :o)
I am wondering more and more about what to do with this kid. She can take off any clothes we put on her, including onesies, along with her diaper. We have found her either playing or sleeping completely naked in bed multiple times and I am stumped. I don't think I should use safety pins because of her dexterity, she is really good and getting into things with those little fingers, I would hate for her to hurt her self on one. BUT I can't have her being naked... it is cold and she takes off her poopy diapers and heaven forbid she do it at church or something... any ideas?
AND
For the past week or so Haylie has been grabbing between her legs right around the time she goes potty in her diaper. Today she was pulling on her pants and telling Ryan and I "bum", "bum" like she wanted to be changed. We changed her but there was nothing. About 5 minutes later after we put her down for her nap she started crying... she had pooped in her diaper.
When do these signs mean she is ready to be introduced to the potty?
18months old also means Haylie gets to go to Nursery at church... it makes it much easier for mommy and daddy to pay attention and Haylie loves it. She too enjoys church so much more now! I snuck a picture of her coloring on her first official day. (she went a couple times before since I was in the hospital or with Ashtyn)
She walks into nursery and couldn't care less that mommy and daddy aren't staying, and even when she is a little hesitant we just point out a friend and she runs in happily.When Ashtyn came home I asked my friend Breezy if we could borrow her bouncy since it could be inclosed and help protect Ashtyn from Haylie.
After church, I hadn't even taken Ashtyn out of the carseat and was getting a drink or something when I found Haylie like this all cuddled with a blanket a pleased with herself.
Don't worry Breezy, I took her our right after the picture, I didn't want her weight to break it.Haylie has me confused tho, I can't tell if she wants to be the baby or play with the baby/be like mommy...


She was even making sure to wipe then putting the diaper on and holding her Elle up to her shoulder. I guess she really watches me closely, Ryan also caught her with one of my nursing pads, holding it up to her chest.Sometimes I think she is too smart for her own good, well atleast too smart for my sanity anyway.
I really love having Haylie in my life. She is a great kid and teaches me everyday how to love and be a mom. And she definately makes life interesting :o)


6 comments:
She is one adorable little girl. I love the pictures of her changing her elephants diaper. She is getting so big. She seems like she should just be the little baby girl still. And don't worry about her climbing in the bouncy. Dutch loved to play in it. David would put him in there and zip it up, that was a very tight squeeze. Who knows, you might get lucky and be able to potty train her really early. She seems to be showing the signs for it. But of course I have no expertize in that area, so I really don't know.
She is too cute. Happy 18 months.
Wow. She just keeps getting bigger and cuter. =D
She just keeps getting bigger and cuter. =)
She just keeps getting bigger and cuter. =)
Cute pictures of the girls. In regards to potty training her, you can always start by sitting her on the toilet to see if she goes when she gives you her 'hints.' If she stays on the toilet and trys or goes it's a good sign. I bought Emily a potty seat to go over the big toilet that she sat on and we would hold her while she attempted to go. That would be great to get one out of diapers. Good luck!
Post a Comment