While I hope our country has a bright future regardless of who has the power, I do feel hope you may consider the following:
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatreds.
You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves. ~ William Boetcker
Think about it. Thanks.
Sincerley,
One of the 56,741,774 people who didn't vote for you.
11 comments:
Obama's tax plan will only increase for American's making over $603,403 year. This increase will by no means ruin the rich, tear them down, or weaken them. Obama is actually giving tax cuts to the bottom 95% of Americans, so VERY few American's will even be bothered with this.
Lastly, I don't know why anyone would be opposed to helping the weak. Helping a single mother meet ends, an injured veteran, a disabled parents, is that not what God would want? This is not spurring class hatred, this is lending a helping hand. "But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?" 1 John 3:17
Not commenting to the above comment only to the post.
Ouch! I'm hoping we will all be pleasantly surprised or we should switch to the law of consecration...there that's the ticket!
Give Ash some love for me and we are hoping for a homecoming date soon.
Dear anonymous (aka coward for not leaving your name):
I am sorry you are ignorant and are using inaccurate information to post on our blog while hiding behind anonymity.
I am not going to waste my time listing all the ways you are misinformed.
YIKES! Why all the hostility!?!?! I'm not one for political discussions but just wanted to say that I think that President Obama will do just fine. I don't think, like many others, that he was elected just because of his race. Let's face it, the last 8 years have been less than benefitial for our country, to say the least. Although I truly believe that President Bush has a great heart I don't think that he was a great president.
I think that Obama has been underestimated by his critics and that we, especially the lower and middle class, will be impressed by his administration.
Even with our economy in a rut and many other problems I'm still proud to be an American. Life is good!
To Anonymous:(Why can't you just say who you are?)
Where on this earth are you getting your info from? Sometimes handing over money that other people work REALLY hard to make can handicap a person. They should get up and work for what they have. I should not have to pay for an education and then pay for other people who were to lazy to go to school. Don't tell me they can't afford it... because they have Grants that we all working americans pay for. It's like if you keep buying things for your children and they never have to take on finacial responsiblity and learn to sacarfice, they will only turn lazy and dependent. Your only hurting not helping.
There are exception, but Obama wants to "SPREAD THE WEALTH" to a lot of people that can get off the couch and make money on their own.
AMEN Stacy!! It seems like 52% or however many people voted for Obama were very uniformed about this scary man. Here is a link to something I just joined to make sure he doesn't also destroy the right to life by using tax dollars:
http://www.fightfoca.com/
God please bless & protect America!
Hey Stacy,
I was looking through your blog today and saw a picture of Haylie in her carseat and realized you have her Forward Facing. I JUST send this letter to all the Mom's in my Mom's group at church and thought I would pass it along to you as well!
Hey Moms!
I know I haven't been able to make it to Mom's lately (life has gotten really busy now that I have a part time job), but I know that many of you have babies that just turned a year old or are going to be a year soon and I wanted to pass along some information!
I'm not sure if any of you are aware that I was a carseat tech until this past May (due to life & a new baby, I wasn't able to recertify myself, but I still keep up with all current stuff) or not. But I know that many of you will be making a decision about turning your child forward facing in the car and I wanted to pass along some information and some really good links!
I, probably like many of you thought that once a child was a year old and 20 lbs, it was okay to turn them around in the car and turned Broedy forward facing at right past a year of age. Well after lots of research and a tech class, I learned that keeping kids rear facing past a year is a LOT safer! I ended up going home after taking my tech class and turning Broedy back around to rear facing and kept him that way until he was 3 1/2 years of age. Raelyn ended up being rear facing until she was almost 4 and Myles is almost 2 and still rear facing and will be until (I hope) at least 3 years.
Anyway, I thought I would pass along some links, crash test footage and videos explaining why it is so important to keep those kiddos rear facing as long as the carseat they are in allows them to be that way (you will have to check your car seat manual to see what the rear facing weight limit is or e-mail me the info on your carseat and I can look it up for you and let you know). Please, Please take the time to educate yourself on this so you can make an informed decision for your child and Please if you have any questions about anything carseat related, let me know! I am more than willing to help you out with any questions you have. I just want to make sure our kiddos are as safe as possible when riding in the car:-)
~Rebecca Bedford
Okay here are the links:
http://cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx - One of my favorite sites for carseat information! If you scroll to the bottom of the page you can see crash test footage showing the difference between rear facing and forward facing. The crash test footage if of a car going only 35 mph, just imagine what it would be like if it was 60 mph on the highway.
http://myangelsaliandpeanut.tripod.com/id5.html - A really good story about a Mom that was in a rear end crash with her precious kids and explains how even when hit in the rear your children are still safer rear facing.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9916868 - MSNBC news story
A couple of really well done videos explaining why rear facing past a year is much safer for your kiddo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRP7ynNI8mI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8&feature=related
http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/newbornpreschool.htm - A good article on the subject showing the spine and how the bones form and how that plays into car seat safety.
Stacy,
Your post about Obama offended me, too. I don't say so to hurt you, just to make you aware that others may feel differently than you do.
I am glad that you said what you did. Freedom of speech right?! So we all have our own opinions about this, some of speak up and some of us don't. It's your blog... it is a waste of time for anyone to take offense. Just understand that we feel the way we do and get over it. So for you anonymous... just take pride in the fact that you can blog about your own opinions on your own blog. Don't take offense just because some expressed their opnion on their blog
You go, Stacy! It is your blog so say whatever you want! Anonymous commenting is cowardice, no doubt. AND! You're the parent! You choose if you want your kids rear-facing or not, within legal limits! It's AZ! Kids swelter! Yikes! I could never keep them rear-facing for so long!
Isn't it the democratics that are the ones to throw "Free Speech" in our faces when protesting things. Who cares if you're offended. You can only get offended if you let someone offend you. You go Stacy! I agree with you 100%. For those who think his tax plan will help, I don't know how losing jobs due to higher taxes will help the economy. If you don't believe it I will send you my cousin's information and she can tell you about it. If everything goes through she will have to fire 2 employees in order to pay the higher taxes where as if they were cut a little bit she would be able to hire on one more. Having 6 people with incomes spending in the economy is more of a boost than having 3. Think about it a little bit more and don't just get surrounded by the glorious thought of Hope and Change.
Post a Comment