Monday, October 27, 2008

Post 100

I am now home from the hospital. I discharged Friday evening and pursuaded Ryan take Haylie and I to the ward Halloween party. I wanted to do something fun for Haylie and really didn't want to just go home and think about the fact that I left Ashtyn at the hospital.

I have to say it was nice to be outside... it had been 11 days. Haylie had fun running around and it was nice to socialize.

Here is a picture from the party.
As you can see, we didn't dress up. I think the fact that we had festive shirts on was pretty impressive.

On another note...
Ashtyn is still doing very well. She is being tube fed an ounce ever 3 hours and she will transition to bottle/nursing as she gets older. She no longer needs an IV for nutrition or medication.

Ashtyn is such a pleasant baby and I love holding her.

4 comments:

DJ said...

Congratulations!!Ashtyn is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby. How scary though, she is so tiny and doing so well, amazing. Rest and relax as well as you can with a 1 1/2 year old, before Ashtyn comes home, you'll need your strength and energy. I can't believe you went to the Halloween Party, you must be feeling pretty good. Take care, Debbie Juchau

KC said...

congrats on being home though I'm sorry you had to leave Ashtyn. Beautiful name, by the way! and beautiful baby, and beautiful mommy.

VicandJoyce said...

I'm glad you got to get out of the house and do something fun. I'm sure some people were shocked to see you not pregnant anymore and not have an additional bundle with you.

congrats again on your little(I mean super tiny) precious baby.

Grace ~and~Shane said...

Glad thing are going well for you. And that your baby is doing so well. Hopefully she will be home soon,I am sure it has to be hard and odd not to have her with you.

Grace