Thursday, October 23, 2008

picture this

Falling in love with a new baby is so easy. That has been the easiest part of this whole process. I still don't really feel like typing out the whole story, but Ashtyn is so cute I would feel wrong to deny you of this viewing pleasure.









Ashtyn has not been on oxygen at all and has been breathing well with great oxygen levels. She is receiving some nourishment through an IV. I have been able to feed her through a bottle which she does fine with. She has tried to nurse and does amazing but cannot give herself all calories and nutrients she would need that way, it is more for bonding and practice until she will have the energy someday to do it all. They are supplementing her through a NG tube with mommy's milk and some other stuff to help fatten her up. She is a little bit jaundice and gets to spend time chillin' under the billie light. She really is doing so well. Oh and she getsquite a grip on the pacifier, she just loves to suck.

Haylie gets very excited looking through the incubator at Ashtyn, which she tries to say and is getting better at, she has touched her softly and kissed her swaddled body. I think Haylie atleast understands Ashtyn is little sister, but not exactly what that means.
I will still be in the hospital for a day or so, I am going to milk the length I am able to stay because of the c-section so I can be close to Ashtyn. I am not looking forward to going home with out her.

We are doing well and look forward to life that will be more normal someday.

8 comments:

charlotte said...

she looks so much like Haylie! I am glad she is breathing on her own, that is AWESOME. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Andrus Family said...

I am sooooo glad to see she is doing well, I just hugged on Haylee last week at church knowing what would soon be coming in her life also. Call me anytime, me and alexa would love to keep her and play so you can continue to stay with Ashtyn. Congradulations, she is very cute.

jewly said...

She is beautiful! I am happy to hear that she is breathing on her own and doing well.

Arizona Nielsens said...

Happy to hear everything is still going smoothly. Keep resting and enjoying Ashtyn uninterrupted. Let me know if you need anything...

Krista said...

Ohhhh! her cute little nose looks like Haylie's. I hope you both get to come home soon.

KC said...

thank you for sharing the pictures! I'm so glad to see she's doing well.

Jenny and Shane said...

Oh Stacy. She is beautiful. She looks a little like Haylie. =) I'm so happy that you have a new addition to your family. I can't wait to see you all soon. I'm glad to hear she is doing well. I love you!!!

Natalie said...

I'm so happy that she's doing so well! I was going to stop by on Friday morning, but I had my kids and my surgery-recovering dad with me. I wanted to come see you so bad! I'm glad you're both doing well. You look so incredible and she is just gorgeous! Congratulations, again!