Thursday, September 20, 2007

Camp OUT!

I finally got the film back from being developed. Our camera batteries died while in the "wilderness", but luckily I happened to grab a disposable 35mm we had laying around. The weather was great... well rainy for part of it.
The campout takes place at an undeveloped campsite (no potties) north of Strawberry.

Haylie enjoyed napping outside in the good fresh air in the back of daddy's truck.


Saturday afternoon a group of us went to Fossil Creek and hiked to the waterfall. Ryan wasn't that excited about going, but he knew I wanted to and where I go... Haylie goes since I am the feeding machine.

Ryan and the gentleman that he is insisted on not only carrying Haylie but also our camelpak backpack. Here they are ready to go!


I was overcast by the time we started the hike so it wasn't too hot but way hummid. Evidently the weather along with the contant motion are the perfect recipe for yet another nap.


While hiking you must stay hydrated.


This was our beautiful destination.


The water was cold but Haylie didn't mind splashing her feet in it.


That's me in the white shirt sitting down on top. I jumped twice from atleast 30 or 40 feet. And technically, Haylie has done it too, I was a week pregnant last year (obviously I didn't know it) and I jumped then too.

I sat and looked over the cliff for a while I was nervous, I always am but I end up jumping anyway.


Sunday was a very relaxing day. Haylie and Sophie (Ryan's cousin's daughter... only a month and a half apart) found comfy beds lying in chairs in the sun.


That night we sat around the camp fire while our brother-in-law Jared played good music on the guitar. Everyone sang along to what they knew, it was a great time.






Monday morning was spent packing up and movin' out. We all really enjoyed the camp out. Family, fun and the great outdoors, what more could you ask for.

No comments: